Monday 2 April 2012

In Circles

Since January I have been teaching on the Dance in the Community course at University Campus Suffolk in Ipswich. This very exciting and challenging job allows me to work with students intensively on a range of projects. The BA course is a part of the School of Arts and I have used the opportunity to explore new collaborations with visual artists, in teaching choreography as well as in researching my own choreography. Over the past weeks, I have been creating a group piece with the third year students entitled "In Circles", which will be shown again in June in their graduation show. In this piece the students have explored scores borrowed from music composition, and have also created their own scores, to produce movement material. Visual artist Juan Guerra-Valiente has created drawings in response.

Juan Guerra-Valiente: http://www.juanjoguerra.es

No comments:

Post a Comment